Sunday 15 June 2014

How the right database administration partnership improved my business



Having owned and run a medium size enterprise for more than three decades now, I have been witness to many changes in business processes and markets. But never before has change taken such rapid steps as it is doing now. I attribute these rapid changes in how businesses are run and the changes in the market scenario to the rapid progress of technology. What used to take us about ten people to handle a few years ago can now be handled by a single system which is fully automated. All it takes is one person to operate the system and tasks are completed in a fraction of the time it would take ten people to complete it! Such is the progress in every field! I too had to embrace a database management system or DBMS as part of my business practice to keep pace with the changing times but I was very apprehensive about this because I had no idea about how to set up and run such systems. I also had apprehensions about expanding my team to include expert personnel who could set up and run such systems because I did not want to increase my overheads. This is when I came across the term databaseadministration.

I found out that it was possible to outsource the database administration to an external technical service provider and this proved a huge relief for me. Rather than having to hire my own team at a much higher cost and spend precious resources on managing an in-house DBA team, I found that this solution worked rather well for my specific needs. I how have a technical consultancy service which takes care of the entire set up and provides the right solutions for all my business needs. This also gives me valuable free time and resources which I can concentrate on the core competency of my company, which is getting and keeping clients! Outsourcing has also proved to be a more cost effective option for me. It can get rather expensive and take a toll on overhead costs if you choose to maintain an in-house department, so I am very satisfied with the solution I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment